Niroga Certified Yoga Teacher Training
This training is for yoga students who are genuinely interested in learning yoga, living yoga, and giving yoga. Niroga's Certified Teacher Training will not only teach you to lead basic poses, breathwork, and centering, but will also guide you to:
- Establish a comprehensive foundation in the authentic practice of yoga.
- Align your thoughts, words, and actions with your core values through the integration and application of yoga philosophy.
- Incorporate a practical understanding of anatomy and physiology in your practice, and your teaching.
Students will join a diverse learning community with other students that share a dedication to personal growth and selfless service.
This training, or equivalent, is a prerequisite for Niroga’s exceptional 2-year Certified Yoga Therapist Training Program, for those wishing to progress from yoga teacher to yoga therapist.
Niroga Institute is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School – RYS 200.
- A sincere desire to learn, grow, serve, and integrate yoga into one’s life on and off the mat
- At least 1-year of consistent yoga practice experience in a class setting and/or at home
- Attendance of at least one class taught by BK and one class taught by Rosalind at Niroga Yoga Studio in 2014 prior to submitting application
- Daily home-practice of Yoga, Breathing Techniques, and Meditation
- Full participation in the Deepening Personal Practice (DPP) Immersion during one of the following months:
We highly recommend that students take the DPP immersion before the start of the training in Sepetember 2014.
- March 2014: Sundays, March 9 & 23; 12-6pm
- August 2014: Saturdays, August 9 & 23; 12-6pm
- February 2015: Sundays, February 15 & March 1; 12-6pm
- Attendance of all Saturday Training Sessions twice a month from 12-6pm at Niroga Yoga Studio and the 4-day residential retreat in March 2015 (make-ups to be discussed individually with faculty)
- Attendance of designated yoga classes twice a week at Niroga Yoga Studio
Students may select two classes to attend consistently for the duration of the training, from the list below:
• Monday – 7:30-9:00pm
• Tuesday – Evening Class Time TBD
• Wednesday – 7:30-8:45pm
• Thursday – 10:30am-12:00pm; Evening Class Time TBD
• Friday – 10:30-11:45am
- Timely submission of bi-weekly assignments (+/- 3 hours per week)
- 20 hours of community service through yoga within 3-months of completing Niroga’s Certified Yoga Teacher Training Program. Yoga Teacher Certification will be provided after the completion of the 20-hour service commitment.
- Regular access to E-mail, and reasonable proficiency with computers, for assignment submissions and program communication.
You are invited to come meet the faculty and learn more about Niroga's Certified Yoga Teacher Training Program at one of the open houses below.
Location: Niroga Yoga Studio's interim space at Yogalayam
If you require additional information, please contact Rosalind Lwin at .
Recent Niroga Certified Yoga Teacher Training program graduates on their experience:
"The variety of the teachers and their skill level were great."
Read more comments