Niroga Certified Yoga Teacher Training
Are you ready to transform your life?
This extraordinary training is for yoga students who are genuinely interested in learning yoga, living yoga, and giving yoga. Niroga's Certified Teacher Training will not only teach you to lead basic poses, breathwork, and meditation, but will also guide you to:
- Establish a comprehensive foundation in the authentic practice of yoga.
- Align your thoughts, words, and actions with your core values through the integration and application of yoga philosophy.
- Incorporate a practical understanding of anatomy and physiology in your practice, and your teaching.
Students will join a diverse learning community with other students that share a dedication to personal growth and selfless service.
This training, or equivalent, is a prerequisite for Niroga’s exceptional 2-year Certified Yoga Therapist Training Program, for those wishing to progress from yoga teacher to yoga therapist.
Niroga Institute is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School – RYS 200.
- A sincere desire to learn, grow, serve, and integrate yoga into one’s life on and off the mat
- At least 1-year of consistent yoga practice experience in a class setting and/or at home
- Attendance of at least one class taught by BK and one class taught by Rosalind at Niroga Yoga Studio in Berkeley 2015 prior to submitting application
- Daily home-practice of Yoga, Breathing Techniques, and Meditation
- Full participation in the Deepening Personal Practice (DPP) Immersion during one of the following months:
We highly recommend that students take the DPP immersion before the start of the training in September 2015.
- February 2015: Sundays, February 15 & March 1; 12-6pm
- Attendance of all Saturday Training Sessions twice a month from 11am to 5pm at Fellowship Hall in Oakland and the 4-day residential retreat in the Spring of 2016 (make-ups to be discussed individually with faculty)
- Attendance of designated yoga classes twice a week at Niroga Yoga Studio in Berkeley
Students may select two classes to attend consistently for the duration of the training, from the list below:
• Monday – 10:30-11:45am; 7:30-8:45pm
• Tuesday – 6:00-7:15pm
• Wednesday – 10:30am-12:00pm; 7:30-8:45pm
• Thursday –7:30-9:00pm
• Friday – 10:30-11:45am
- Timely submission of bi-weekly assignments (+/- 3 hours per week)
- 20 hours of community service through yoga within 3-months of completing Niroga’s Certified Yoga Teacher Training Program. Yoga Teacher Certification will be provided after the completion of the 20-hour service commitment.
- Regular access to E-mail, and reasonable proficiency with computers, for assignment submissions and program communication.
You are invited to come meet the faculty and learn more about Niroga's Certified Yoga Teacher Training Program at an upcoming open house event.
- Next Open House event date - To Be Announced
Tuition and Application
If you are ready to transform your life and share the authentic practice of yoga please fill out our application form today. Register by August 14, 2015 for early bird tuition.
If you require additional information, please contact Rosalind Lwin at .
Applications for 2014
are Now Open!
Recent Niroga Certified Yoga Teacher Training program graduates on their experience:
"I loved the routine of the coursework - coming here, learning the poses, how they relate to human anatomy / physiology - this is my main interest and it served me well."
Read more comments